The Music Of The Nightmare!
BROADWAY MAGAZINE – This week, we’ve been celebrating Monster themed Broadway flops on our blog. Now, we offer our look at the 8 great monsters on Broadway. Dare to join us as we look at the ghouls and beasts that have had made us scream or smile on the “Great Fright Way” (as Eric Grundhauser calls it). Did we miss anyone?
- The Phantom in Phantom of the Opera. Sure there is a lot of romance in this iconic production, but don’t forget that Phantom is creepy too! Check out the scary stuff backstage too.
- Sweeney Todd in Sweeney Todd. Have another pie! Hats off (or should we say “heads off”) to demon barbers everywhere.
- Kate Monster in Avenue Q. It’s a different kind of scary, you know.
- Elphaba and Glinda in Wicked. Popular! We’ll take these witches over a vampire any day of the week.
- Audrey II in Little Shop of Horrors. Feed your plants.
- Dracula in Dracula. We’re talking about Frank Langella or Bela Lugosi in the lead, both of whom played it on Broadway. See our roundup of Vampires on Broadway right here.
- Shrek in Shrek. We’re a believer. Green ogres rock!
- Young Frankenstein. Check out the video…we dare you not to smile.Check out the latest Broadway Magazine for the true Ghosts of Broadway and Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig as well.